Friday, June 28, 2013

Eggnog cookies


Eggnog cookies?! You may be thinking complete blasphemy but they are actually really good. When I made these they went over extremely well and they were gone within the first day. Not by me mind you, I actually really dislike eggnog but between my parents, brother, Chris and other members of my family they went poof very quick! These will definitely make another appearance this Holiday season!

To see how you make them CLICK on!


What you need
2 cups all-purpose Flour
2 teaspoons ground Nutmeg
½ teaspoon Salt
1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
¾ cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons Rum Extract
1 Egg


Directions:
  1. Combine flour, nutmeg and salt in a bowl. 
  2. In another bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy. 
  3. Beat in the vanilla, rum extract and egg until fluffy. Add the flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture until blended. 
  4. Cover the bowl and chill for 2 hours.


  • Preheat oven too at 350°F
  • With floured hands, form dough into 1-inch balls. (If crumbly, let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.) 
  • Place balls on an ungreased or parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. 
  • Bake 12 to 15 minutes until lightly brown. Cool on wire racks.



Now, I think I may have messed up my recipe when I originally made it which is why mine are more ball like, BUT they still taste EXACTLY like freaking eggnog. How cool is that?! Just eat the damn cookie dough! (using pasteurized eggs though if you do)


So, I'm really sorry that my posts have been very lax on here. Chris and I moved as I'm sure most of you might know? If not, we moved and at the present moment I can't bake or really do anything that extremely exciting until we get into our house. We moved out of the apartment because the roof was about to kill me (for real) I was almost in the house a couple of times, it was that bad. SO I definitely promise that I will work on baking posts, food posts, etc when I can! =^_^= I have a super exciting post the next time I head out for Greek food... I keep forgetting to take pictures before I dive into the awesome food. LOL.. Till next time! xx

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE eggnog it is the bestest ever!!!! it is impossible to find in the UK and I tend to import some at least once per year from USA but it costs a lot due to weight. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow really?! I know they have powdered eggnog that you just add milk too. Have you ever tried to make your own eggnog? It's really easy to do

      Delete
    2. Ooooo what brand is the powdered eggnog? I will see if I can get some. I love the canned eggnog so much I didn't think mine would be as good. It would have to be 'virgin' though a I don't drink :-)

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure. I bought it for my Brother YEARS ago. I'll have to look and see what the brand is called. Oh shush, home make stuff is always better! :P Oh definitely the alcohol is optional

      Delete