Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cheeseburger Rice


Hello Loves!
This is another one of those recipes that I found on pinterest a LONG time ago and just don't remember where I found it. However I have adapted it for Chris and I. :) This tastes JUST LIKE a McDonalds cheeseburger, but without all of that nasty crap that is in a McDonalds burger. :) Chris and my brother eat this up like it is going out of style!
What you will need:
  1. 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
  2. 1 cup of rice
  3. Ketchup
  4. Mustard
  5. Garlic Powder
  6. Onion Powder or Minced Onion
  7. Salt & Pepper to taste
  8. Cheese
I used the 5 minute rice because I don't have a rice cooker as of yet, and it is just easier for me to do it that way. :P
As you start your water to boil heat your pan that you plan on cooking your meat in. Cook your rice per however you cook your rice.
Brown said meat. (you can use any meat you would like honestly. I use either ground turkey or ground beef.)
As the meat is browning add your Garlic Powder and Onion to season the meat. (I typically just use onion powder)
When the meat is brown and the rice is done, add the rice to the pan with the meat and stir.
Add Ketchup and Mustard. (for this, it depends on your taste. I use around 6 tablespoons of mustard and 5 of ketchup. That is APPROXIMATE. I typically just squirt it in without measuring)
Add your cheese as well at this point. (it doesn't matter what kind of cheese, whichever you prefer is good. I normally use Cheddar, but in a pinch I sometimes use that parmesean cheese powder.. stuff that you put on pasta.)
Salt and pepper to taste!
I know it doesn't look pretty, but it tastes absolutely amazing! :D
Just like with any recipe, don't be afraid to adapt this to your tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment