Friday, December 7, 2012

Roasted Chick Peas


Hello Lovelies!
Yes, I have another recipe for you! This one however is not so guilt inducing as the previous ones have been!
A little back story.. A looong while ago I was on Pinterest and found this recipes for Roasted Chick Peas.. granted I don't remember the recipe that they used, I've kind of adapted it to my tastes. Anyways, I was looking for "healthier" options for snacks because I am just tired of munching on unhealthy things. I go through phases like that, where I want to eat healthier but it just doesn't happen. BUT I came across roasted chick peas and decided to give it a go!
Now this is NOT the first time I have made these! They have slowly became and addiction of mine and I can eat way more than I should.. They are that yummy.
All you need is
a can of Chick Peas (also called Garbanzo beans)
a Tablespoon of Oil
Seasonings (more on that in a minute)
Preheat your oven too 425°F (218°C)
  1. Take your pan (make sure it has sides on it. Don't want your chick peas rolling out the side.. I also use a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet with sides) and line it with some aluminium foil.
  2. Spread your washed and drained chick peas on your pan in one single layer.
  3. Drizzle your oil over the peas. (Don't worry, it doesn't seem like a lot of oil, but its enough)
  4. Toss the chick peas around to coat them.
  5. Season to your taste! (I typically use Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder) 
  6. Then toss once again to coat in seasonings.
There really is "right" amount of seasoning. Just season them to taste, I never measure how much I use if that helps, I just sprinkle all over.
When the oven is preheated put your pan in and set your timer for 15 minutes.
If you hear popping, don't be alarmed! It's just the chick peas bursting their shells! 
After the 15 minutes is up, take the pan out and mix them around just to move them around.
Put BACK into the oven for another 15 minutes.
This makes them crunchy.
Voilá! You have yummy Roasted Chick Peas!
These honestly are a really good replacement for chips. HOWEVER, they do not stay crunchy after a few hours, so If you are definitely wanting that crunchy, only make one can at a time. They are still really good when they are not crunchy, but if you prefer that crunch, eat them within the hour that they come out :)
Let me know if you make them and how they turn out!! <3 p="p" xx="xx">

No comments:

Post a Comment