Monday, December 3, 2012

Poor Man's Pasta


Hey everyone!!
So, I really want to post recipes on my blog that I really love. I hope that is okay with everyone!
Now, this really doesn't have a name. The reason I gave it a name is because it's a really cheap, no more than $5 at most!

My parents made this a lot when I was a kid, because we were short on money. You would think that I would have gotten over it but I still love it just as much as I did when I was a kid.

All you are going to need is:
-Cream of Mushroom Soup.
(you can use any soup really as long as its Cream of something. It's tasty with anything!)

-Mixed Vegetables
(I suggest canned.)

-Dry Pasta
(Use any kind you want! =^_^=)

~Make your pasta as normal. Cook it to Al dente (cooked to the tooth)
~Drain your pasta really good and return it to the pot you cooked your pasta in.
~Add your soup and your vegetables.
~Stir and add salt or other seasonings as you wish!
It's really that easy honestly and is so yummy!

if you find 1 can of the vegetables or the soup is not enough you can absolutely add more to it! Just using 1 can of each and 1 pound of pasta is enough for 4+ people depending on how you eat!

You don't have to use the expensive name brand products. I just bought the generic stuff. It's just as good and even sometimes better than name brand!

This is what I payed
Happy Harvest Mixed Vegetables from Aldi $0.59
Nice! Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup from Walgreens $1.12
And I just used penne pasta. It was from Walgreens as well and was $1.59
So figure without tax I spend $3.30!
[slideshow]
I really hope you try this out! Let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment