Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

These cookies have been a family favorite since around 2008 when we first found the recipe. My family absolutely LOVES these, especially my brother. I myself am not a fan, but I don't like orange creamsicle flavored things lol. I'm thinking of putting semi-sweet chocolate chips in, just to mix it up. :P Maybe then I will eat them. Hahah.
Not only does my family love these. These are a huge crowd pleaser every time we make them. They disappear pretty quickly from the cookie plates! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as the people around me do! :) 



Ingredients:

1 ¾ cups (232 grams) all-purpose flour
1 package (.15 ounce) unsweetened orange drink mix, such as Kool-Aid
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup (1 stick)(113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (201 grams) sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 ¼ cups  white baking chips
(I couldn't figure out the conversion for this, if you know it please let me know down in the comments!)



  1. Preheat oven too 350°F (177°C) 
  2. Combine flour, drink mix, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and set aside
  3. Cream together softened butter and sugar. Add eggs and orange extract and beat until blended.
  4. Stir in white baking chips by hand
  5. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on lightly greased cookie sheet. (you could also use parchment paper/grease proof paper)
  6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Do NOT wait for edges to brown. Cookies should be slightly under baked. Immediately remove to rack and cool.

Makes approximately 2 ½ dozen




Tips:
If the edges start to brown, that is okay. As long as the cookie itself turns brown, it is way over baked.
If you happen to make these smaller then a rounded tablespoon, adjust the time accordingly. I made some using a teaspoon and the edges started to brown when cooked for 10 minutes.
It does not matter what brand of orange drink mix you use. They are all the same but made by different brands. Just make sure it is in one of those packets and is unsweetened.


I hope you all try this recipe out and enjoy them! let me know down below or tweet me on twitter! I would love to know! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment