Thursday, December 20, 2012

Molasses Sugar Cookies

These are my Mom's all time favorite cookies. When I asked her what cookie she wanted me to bake she said this one, hands down. These are so good and actually addicting. I've eaten my fair share and so had my Mom. I wont tell how many I have eaten because it is a disgusting amount. tis the season! This recipe is really old, it even is written in "old" lingo, which I think is really cool. I didn't know what oleo was until I asked my Mom. Turns out, that is what they used to call butter. ! :O 


What you will need:


  1. ¾ cup Butter - melted
  2. 1 cup Sugar
  3. ¼ cup Molasses
  4. 1 Egg
  5. 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  6. 2 cups Flour
  7. ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
  8. ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger


Directions:

Melt Butter and allow to cool.
Add Sugar, Molasses, and Egg to mixer, beat well.
Sift dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients, mix well.
Let dough chill at least 3 hours or over night would be BEST.


Preheat over to 375°F
Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Tips!

ROLL them in sugar before you bake them. They come out 10x better if you do that step. It doesn't call for it in the recipe, but that is what I have always done when I make these. 
If you use two pans at a time, start them at 4 minutes, switch the pans and go for another 4 minutes. you could go longer, but with 8 minutes, they stay soft and chewy. If a firmer cookie is wanted cook longer.

 Let me know if you try this out how you like it!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment